February 02, 2012

Who is this Boy?

So...Wade has been on enzymes for two weeks now and I think I'm seeing some positive effects of the treatment:

  • Active Play: Wade has been dancing, moving, throwing and banging toys and just plain excited to play! He "talks" while he plays and screams with excitement. He is definitely exploring and I've noticed him sticking his tongue out when he's "thinking" and figuring something out.
  • Appetite: He has been sucking down bottles lately. Enough to where I've started making 6 oz bottles instead of 5oz every 2-3 hours. He's also been eating more solid food, instead of throwing it and playing with it.
  • Development: In the last couple of days, Wade began taking his first couple of steps. We're all really excited to see him walk.

Watching him change into this excited, energetic, and happy boy makes me so PROUD and BLESSED!

2 comments:

  1. Jenni! SO wonderful to hear such great news...Praise God! We're elated that the treatments are helping. Not just for him to feel better, but for you to see results after all the hard work you've been putting in to get him proper care. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni,
    When I read your blog on Wade I could not help but think is this my life? with my Danny! Wow! Our son, Danny, has SDS, dx at a year. On GCSF until his BMT 5 years ago. Welcome to the SDS family :)
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete