August 21, 2012

20 Weeks and Counting!

So, the half way point in my pregnancy has finally arrived! The second trimester is treating me pretty well and feeling the baby kick and move around is truly awesome! So far, the pregnancy has been great--including less morning sickness than with W! However, I'm gaining weight and showing different than before--my love handles have expanded even more and I hate it!

Yesterday, we had our 20 week ultrasound and met the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor for high-risk pregnancies. The ultrasound was very exciting and we found out the gender--GIRL!!!! Now my mind is racing with nursery decor, bedding, names, etc! Although we'll re-still use a lot of Wade's equipment and things, I'm still excited about seeing some pink in our house! 

Since we're not doing an amniocentesis test to check for the SDS gene, the only thing the high-risk doctor can do is keep an eye out for IUGR (inter-uterine growth restriction) with this baby. We aren't sure if Wade was IUGR because of SDS, for a reason created by me, or if something went wrong with the pregnancy or development of the placenta. The measurements taken of Baby Girl in the ultrasound showed measurements right on track for 20 weeks. That was a big sigh of relief to hear that the development is normal so far. However, we'll repeat another ultrasound in 6 weeks to check development and growth again. I'm so glad that with this pregnancy, we'll be more cautious and actually do more than one ultrasound! Still praying for a healthy baby! She sure does look cute already!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're having a girl! I totally saw you having two boys. Aaaah! I'm so mushy inside for you! :D

    ReplyDelete